samurai_warband Forum Index
samurai_warband Forum IndexFAQSearchRegisterLog in

A quick guide on bows (For Khergit bow users!)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    samurai_warband Forum Index -> samurai_warband -> The inn
Previous topic :: Next topic  
samurai_KATIE

PostPosted: Sat 30 Oct - 13:10 (2010)    Post subject: A quick guide on bows (For Khergit bow users!) Reply with quote

Hey guys, as you probably know I always play archer, so I have quite a few opinions on which bows work best in different maps

I can't help notice though that some of our members and many random players often use Khergit bows, and I would just like to explain why they are a bad idea

Most bows will give up some speed, around -2 but will gain +1 damage from it. there are two bows which are an exception, Khergit and Long Bow.
Long bow is slow but makes up for it with shots that have a very long range and quick travel speed, which makes it very easy to hit targets (it's my favorite bow besides war bow)

The Khergit bow is designed for khergits and has an unbalanced stat, which is there to try to even up the fact that khergits have horses AND bows, so they get a slightly worse bow
as you can see from the stats I wrote. khergit has 1 damage more than nomad, but it loses a whole 4 speed just for that 1 damage. It should technically gain 2 damage and have an attack of 22 to make it even
The range of a khergit bow doesn't even make up for the slow speed (like a long bow does) because it is designed for horse archers who circle their targets at close range. it is basically a nomad bow but with bad stats
I've wrote the stats below to show you exactly how it's different

Short Bow - Attack 18 : Speed 97 (Only use at the start of a game when people have bad armor, or it will take 5 shots to kill a person later on in the game)
Nomad Bow - Attack 20 : Speed 94 (only -3 speed for +2 damage) (+longer range)
Khergit Bow - Attack 21 : Speed 90!!! (thats -4 speed +1 damage)
Strong Bow - Attack 23 : Speed 84 (but thats - 4 speed +2 damage)
Long Bow - Attack 22 : Speed 79 (long range makes up for slow speed and damage)
War Bow - Attack 25 : Speed 80 (Best bow ever!)

You guys can keep using it if you like, but I personally will never use it, I would much rather pick a strong bow over a khergit bow because for an extra 4 speed, you gain 2 more damage and it can travel further than a kherbit bow (and it is still quite a fast bow to shoot) or just keep a Nomad bow. it's cheaper and will kill enemies better than a khergit bow

This is all just my opinion on how bows work but I hope this has helped people to understand the bows a little more, it took me 10 minutes to write this so it better have!  Wink

ALSO: Maybe we should have a guide section on the forum just to post little things like this, which might help members who are newer to the game

Last edited by samurai_KATIE on Sat 30 Oct - 14:53 (2010); edited 1 time in total
MSN
Publicité

PostPosted: Sat 30 Oct - 13:10 (2010)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Khan

PostPosted: Sat 30 Oct - 14:42 (2010)    Post subject: A quick guide on bows (For Khergit bow users!) Reply with quote

hey thanks Katie for this notice Wink
i use khergit bow, he's very speed, war bow is not a precise bow

samurai_KATIE

PostPosted: Sat 30 Oct - 14:44 (2010)    Post subject: A quick guide on bows (For Khergit bow users!) Reply with quote

then you learnt nothing from what I wrote

and Warbow is very precise. I can easily hit targets from across a map every hit

MSN
Khan

PostPosted: Sat 30 Oct - 14:50 (2010)    Post subject: A quick guide on bows (For Khergit bow users!) Reply with quote

sorry I try to translate the guide XD,  if i understand , nomad bow is besser than khergit bow, and nomad bow is cheaper

samurai_KATIE

PostPosted: Sat 30 Oct - 14:52 (2010)    Post subject: A quick guide on bows (For Khergit bow users!) Reply with quote

I think so yes

try it and see, if you like khergit bow then you should use it
but I don't understand why people use it. it is a bad bow in my opinion

MSN
Khan

PostPosted: Sat 30 Oct - 14:54 (2010)    Post subject: A quick guide on bows (For Khergit bow users!) Reply with quote

ok i try it Winki need head shot 

samurai_jack

PostPosted: Sat 30 Oct - 20:28 (2010)    Post subject: A quick guide on bows (For Khergit bow users!) Reply with quote

nomad bow > Long bow in Village maps.

Harman

PostPosted: Sat 30 Oct - 23:02 (2010)    Post subject: A quick guide on bows (For Khergit bow users!) Reply with quote

Good article. I used to pick Khergit bow very often when I was playing as an archer. It seems to be comfortable Very Happy but I never pay much attention to weapon statistics. I think I'm gonna change me preferences now, I'm not an archer though Smile .

PS.. Guide section is a good idea, be we need members to be more active on the forum first. I have a feeling that only 5-6 people use it.

Samurai_Mareg
Administrateur

PostPosted: Sun 31 Oct - 09:50 (2010)    Post subject: A quick guide on bows (For Khergit bow users!) Reply with quote

I usually pick my bow depending on what we are fighting. If we are to duel others archers or Xbows, i ll go for the fastest to spam them . Rate of fire is very important in archer s fight ( in my opinion ).
If we have more inf and cav to fight, i ll go for slower and stronger bow.

Tad

PostPosted: Sun 31 Oct - 10:50 (2010)    Post subject: A quick guide on bows (For Khergit bow users!) Reply with quote

i agree with Katie on all of it, i never pick kergit

Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 18:19 (2018)    Post subject: A quick guide on bows (For Khergit bow users!)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    samurai_warband Forum Index -> samurai_warband -> The inn All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Create a forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Template zenGarden created by larme d'ange